In this #mtpcon London talk, Kate Leto examines the importance of emotional intelligence in individuals and teams and asks how it can be used to make better hiring decisions.
- Emotional intelligence is more important than any of the technical skills we use in our roles
- If we want to build greater emotional intelligence into our product teams, then we need to design our hiring processes to look for it
- We need to be better with our role description
- We should be using behavioural interview questions
- We should not stop learning about people after the job offer is made
Kate begins by referencing a theory from p…