At #mtpcon Digital 2020, we were able to enjoy 18 Breakout Session talks, across three days, from some of the best product people around. We’re be releasing them all (weekly, in groups) and in this selection, you’ll delve into some hard-hitting topics to help you successfully lead teams. Check out the videos to watch sessions with Denise Jacobs, Christina Wodtke and Adam Thomas.
Below you’ll find videos for the following:
- Having Difficult Conversations with Confidence
- Creating Psychological Safety in Teams
- Taking The Initiative to Keep Alignment
Having Difficult Conversations with Confidence
As a product manager, and especially as a product leader, having difficult conversations comes with the job. In this session, Denise Jacobs shares practical advice and tips to make these issues feel just that little bit easier to tackle.
Check out more from Denise Jacobs
Creating Psychological Safety in Teams
In this session, Christina Wodtke sets out how words are not enough – you have to take action to create a team culture that promotes psychological safety – as set by leaders, created in between people, and within an individual.
Check out more from Christina Wodtke
- Leading Teams to Success – Christina Wodtke on The Product Experience
- Reboot Your Team by Christina Wodtke
- Working with Mindfulness and Compassion
Taking The Initiative to Keep Alignment
Adam Thomas walked his group through the ‘Initiative Document’ – a simple document that can be used to help you carefully consider your customer, the disciplines who make and sell your product, and the executive teams who give you the resources to do it.
Check out more from Adam Thomas
- The Value of Mentoring for Product Leaders
- Bias in Interviews and why Hiring in Product is Broken
- How Lessons From Wargames can Help you Ship Products and Build Strong Teams
More to Come!
Over the coming weeks, we’ll release even more of our #mptcon Digital Breakout session talks. Visit the 2020 #mtpcon Digital page to see what’s coming up when.