I’m quite excited about the future here. Seeing the speed with which the industry has changed- it has been amazing to be a part of, so I’m really positive about it. Silvia Thom, Senior Director of Product at Zalora
Asia may be the future for many areas of business and culture, but in product it feels like most of the thought leadership is coming from Silicon Valley. #mtpcon Singapore brought together a panel of product leaders in Asia, led by Francois Le Nguyen, Form Lead at Entrepreneur First, to discuss the growing tech scene in the region, and why the future of product management lives in AsiaPac.
Hear from some great product leaders in the region as they discuss:
- The cultural challenges that make being a product leader difficult
- How Asia’s vast diversity is an asset, and how to embrace its cultural richness
- The skill gaps in the region, and where aspiring product managers should focus their growth
- Nurturing local talent vs flying talent in
- How Asia’s burgeoning product community will be key to developing the practice in the region
- Are product managers in Asia too busy?
- How to advocate for team autonomy in a traditional top-down culture
- The experiences of women in tech in Asia
- The future of product management in Asia, and how the product community is poised to move the practice forward not only in the region, but globally
I think one of the biggest challenges facing [product management in Asia] is to understand that we as product people are the leaders. Colin Pal, VP Product at Photobook