A lot has changed in the world of product over the last 10 years, and there are plenty more changes to come as the craft grows year after year. From its beginnings of having very little data, to now where product managers have countless metrics, analytics frameworks, and data software to choose from, it can all be very overwhelming.
To help product managers better understand analytics, we worked with our friends at Pendo to create another insightful online course; the Product Analytics Certification Course.
The 3-hour self-paced course teaches the foundations of product analytics strategy and how to foster a data-driven product organization and company. It covers key use cases for leveraging analytics in practice, including using data to make more informed product and business decisions. Similar to the Product-led Certification Course, once you take the course and pass the exam, you’ll earn a “Product Analytics Certified” badge for your professional profile.
Ready to start the Product Analytics Certification Course? Sign up here—the course is usually $149, but we’re offering it for free for a limited time.
Why learn more about product analytics?
It’s no secret that there is huge value in collecting and analyzing product data. As Matt LeMay has previously said in this deep dive, “Making the wrong decision can spell disaster for a product team. And in a world of rapid change and growing uncertainty, the very notion of ‘data-driven product management’ suggests an appealing and sorely needed sense of finite, quantitative certainty.”
Being data-informed as a product manager can help to gain the most insights on your customers and therefore provide value and purpose. Whether you’re brand new to product analytics or have some experience collecting and analyzing product data, the Product Analytics Certification Course will help you set the right foundation for leveraging data effectively—and ensuring the rest of your organization follows suit.
Data is only as valuable as what you do with it
Being data-driven doesn’t mean simply collecting as much data as possible, or only using data when it’s convenient. Product managers who use data can leverage insights from product analytics at every stage of product development, and for all key decisions.
Use cases are useful to truly find value in the data that you use. Here are a few examples that we delve into throughout the course:
- Product analytics data might show dwindling usage of an older feature in your product, leading you to eventually sunset that functionality.
- When examining user journeys, if you see users dropping off before finishing the full workflow, you may need to create in-app guidance that walks through how to complete the task.
- If you see low adoption for a feature you know is valuable to users’ success, it could be a discoverability issue, in which case you might relocate the feature to a different part of your application to see if that impacts adoption.
Course details and what to expect
Curious about what the Product Analytics Certification Course is like? Here’s a clip from Module 2, where Ryan Salomon (Senior Director of Product Management at Pendo) explains why product analytics is so valuable for product managers, teams, and organizations as a whole.
Here’s what else you can expect from the course:
- 7 modules covering key product analytics concepts
- 3 hours of engaging, instructor-led videos that you can watch at your own pace
- Curriculum developed by industry leaders and product practitioners
- An optional exam to check your knowledge and earn a certification badge
Ready to dive in? Sign up for the Product Analytics Certification Course here to get started. The course is usually $149, but we’re offering it for free for a limited time.