What are the timings for the workshop day?
- We will meet online 10 minutes before the start of the workshop to ensure we can all connect successfully. The workshop will consist of 2 half-days – approximately 3.5hrs each day.
- There will be multiple breaks throughout the day.
Will the workshop be recorded and made available to us?
As this is a live, interactive workshop the value is in the live experience, therefore the workshop will not be recorded. This also allows for more open discussion around your current product challenges, as you may not want those to be recorded. You will receive a PDF of the slide deck and a resource guide after the session along with a PDF version of the Mural boards.
Which platforms/tools will we be using?
- Zoom: This is our classroom! We will use Zoom for video conferencing, presentations, and discussion. Be sure to turn your video on during the workshop as it really helps the whole group with engagement. If you need to turn your camera off for a short period later that’s fine, just make sure your trainer and class can meet you face to face.
- Mural: This is our digital whiteboard and collaboration tool we use for hands-on exercises. Please familiarise yourself with Mural using the sandbox we will send you one week before the workshop.
- Online Platform Course Page: This is where you will find key details about the workshop, your pre-work, and resource guide. You will have access for 1 week after your workshop to download everything you may need.
What is the best way to set up the platforms on our screen(s)?
Most of the workshop activity will take place in Zoom. You will also participate in exercises on Mural. We recommend having the Mural tab open but in the background until you need to access it. Two monitors can be helpful but not necessary. If you are able to have a 2-monitor setup then we recommend dedicating one monitor to the presentation and the other to your Mural board.
Will we be divided into breakout groups in advance of the workshop?
Thanks to the intimate workshop size, most discussions will take place as a whole class. Some trainers may choose to use breakouts – we leave it up to the trainer to decide.
Will I get copies of the presentation and materials we use in class?
You will receive an email within two working days of your workshop containing your collaborative Mural board in PDF form and workshop slides.