How will the Coronavirus affect the conference?
We are monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and understand many people’s concern about large scale events at this time. We fully understand the severity of the situation, and with four months to go until the conference, we are (and will continue to) follow the advice of local government and health authorities to ensure that our events are run with the best interests of all those involved, in mind.
At this time, we are still working towards delivering you another excellent conference in San Francisco. Of course, if closer to the event the situation has not improved, we will issue further updates on any cancellations and issue full refunds to ticket holders.
In the meantime, however, we understand there may be nervousness and that you may have questions so we’ve put together some information and FAQs below to try and help with that.
If the event is cancelled, will I get a full refund?
We are paying close attention to government and World Health Organisation (WHO) advisories and are aware that if we get close to the event and local government bans large scale gatherings we might be forced to cancel – in this instance we will refund all attendees.
What is your refund policy?
Due to the current situation, we will be offering temporary flexibility on the time period in which you can request a refund: until further notice, you may cancel your ticket to either our workshops or conference (for a full refund) up to two weeks before the date of the event – that is the June 28 for our workshops and Leadership Forum, or June 29 for conference tickets. After the two week deadline has passed, we’ll assess any further refund requests on a case-by-case basis.
Should I cancel my ticket?
Of course we cannot make this decision for you, however, at this moment in time, we would advise that the best thing to do is to keep your booking for the time being. We understand that there are travel bans and various other restrictions in place at the moment but with four months still to go until the San Francisco conference, there is a lot which could change. As mentioned above, we’ve extended our refund policy until nearer the event and will refund all ticket holders if we are forced to cancel the event.
If the event goes ahead, what are you doing to ensure a safe environment?:
We can assure you that we’re doing everything we can, including working closely with our venues, to help you enjoy the conference in a safe environment. If the virus is still an issue when the conference comes around, we will be implementing requirements and advice for the day to minimise risk.
Will tickets sell out if I don’t book now?
It is, of course, hard to say if this will happen in 2020 but below is some guidance on current and expected ticket availability based on previous years:
- Conference: In previous years, we’ve sold out of General Release tickets and started selling Last Chance tickets around 6 weeks prior to the event. We expect a sharp uptick in sales in the two months prior to the conference if the situation improves.
- Workshops: We have already sold out of two of the workshops and have sold nearly half the total tickets available. Workshops have historically sold out well before the conference.
- Leadership Forum: Our leadership event has sold out several weeks prior to the event in past years.
For full details on the situation, please see our full FAQs.