As digital events have become our new (temporary?) norm, we’re working hard to bring you the best digital alternatives to our much-loved, in-person conferences and you seem to be loving it!
Read on for a 360 view of what your #mtpcon Digital experience will be like and why it’s not to be missed!
What to Expect
How does a digital conference work, exactly?
This isn’t just any old stuffy watch-til-you-drop webinar – dust off that webcam, put a comb through your hair, and get set to interact. There’s no time to sit back – #mtpcon Digital is all about getting involved!
We’re delighted to be teaming up with live event platform, Hopin, again to bring you another seamless digital experience. Just like a real conference, there’s a keynote stage, breakout and Q&A rooms, a 1:1 speed networking area, and expo hall. Your whole #mtpcon Digital experience will happen inside Hopin; you can move in and out of rooms just like an in-person event, interact easily with your fellow product peers (and speakers!) in the chat, virtual roundtables, or speed networking area, and enjoy the content at your own pace.
“Even with being remote, I felt super connected to all the other product people. Via the chat during a talk or in one of the breakout / after conference sessions.
The spirit was just amazing!”
Janina Klein, Product Owner, Metronom
The Breakouts Explained
Between keynotes, you can choose from a selection of breakout activities:
Take your pick from our interactive expert-led sessions, all of which are designed to be super engaging – choose from mini-workshops, talks, and more, run by over a dozen product experts. Learn more about our speakers.
Hop on a remote speed networking session during the “Lobby Time” to connect with some new product people. Discuss the keynotes and any breakout sessions you’ve watched, share your stories, and help each other with problems – it’s up to you! Our virtual-speed networking was a big hit at our July event so we’ve added even more time in November! Sessions last 5 minutes each and you can attend as many as you can squeeze in. No sign-up required, just enter the Networking tab on the event platform during the event.
Our virtual roundtables give you the opportunity to take part in a themed discussion with fellow #mtpcon Digital attendees on various product topics, enabling you to network, learn, and benefit from the shared knowledge and experience of the group. During “Lobby Time” we’ll have a number of roundtables you can jump in on, each focused on unique challenges like roadmaps, prioritisation, stakeholder management, B2B, B2C, pricing, and more! No need to sign up – just join the topic most interesting to you!
Whether it’s to ease you into the day or to help you relax once we’re done, our social hours are there to help keep the conversation going, connect with your product peers, and have some fun! Just turn up armed with refreshments of your choice and pick from a selection of fun activities on the day. There’ll be something for everyone!
Your Mind the Product membership (it’s included!)
As part of your #mtpcon Digital ticket purchase, you’ll be given a year’s free Mind the Product Prioritised membership (worth $250). This gives you access to our premium editorial (including recordings of all #mtpcon Digital talks), even more interaction with product experts, and the opportunity to connect with peers tackling similar challenges to you – 365 days of the year! Read more about Prioritised membership.
Once you’ve purchased your conference ticket, you’ll be emailed instructions on how to access your new membership by 1st October, 2020. Already a Prioritised member or MTP Leader? Check your membership dashboard for your exclusive #mtpcon Digital 2020 offer.
What people say about #mtpcon Digital
“#mtpcon Digital was an excellent blend of specific, actionable tactics, a wealth of broader, high-level knowledge, and some product management therapy”
Will Longano, Product Manager, ServiceChannel
“This was my first experience attending Mind the Product and it was awesome! Despite being digital I still felt I was able to connect and got a ton out of the experience, the platform made it very easy to hop around to different sessions and conversations. The speakers were great, I have a notebook filled with insights, and can’t wait to go back and watch more of the breakout sessions.”
Tina Hubbard, Sr. Product Manager, Best Buy
“Mind the Product Digital didn’t skip a beat from the amazing value I’ve come to expect from their physical events. Their keynote speakers were engaging, diverse, and spoke about very practical and pressing issues touching on product management and how it relates to the people who use our products. It’s my go-to for challenging me to grow in my craft.”
Adam Tarnowsky, Product Manager, One45
Grab your ticket today!
How does #mtpcon Digital compare to an in-person conference?
We know we can’t replace our in-person #mtpcon events (nor would we want to) but, with our first fully digital event behind us, we can confidently say that much of what we love about our in-person events is actually possible in a digital setting, plus a few additional perks which even our in-person events can’t deliver. We’ve taken everything we’re known for digital, plus we’ve learned heaps since July, so we’re confident you’re going to love it!
Things that will be different:
- The Schedule: #mtpcon Digital comes with a flexible schedule to allow for life, kids, work and the rest. In a change from our 3-day #mtpcon Digital event back in July, we’ve listened to your feedback and have spread our November event over just 2 short days. We’ve also added a few more breaks, allowing you the chance to check in with your team, grab another coffee, or just…you know, take a break!
- The Timings: The joy of digital events is that they allow a much more diverse gathering of the community. We’ve scheduled #mtpcon Digital in a way that works across multiple time zones – afternoon for Europe and morning for the US. It’s going to be a truly international event!
- The Variety: To stop you going numb from “Virtual Fatigue” (it’s a thing!), we’ve created special breakout sessions – a varied schedule of activities to keep you bright-eyed and engaged. As well as our invaluable keynotes and speaker Q&As, you can join roundtable discussions, speed networking sessions, mini-workshops – you can even join us for a relaxing coffee or beer (*BYO – we’ve not figured out how to make that bit digital yet). Learn more about our breakout session activities.
Things that will remain the same:
- Quality Curation: There’s no bigger event dedicated to product out there. Not only is our crowd the biggest, but we draw the greatest names in product too. We’re not just filling virtual rooms with anyone and anything, as always, there’s method to our madness! And booking top-quality speakers is our baseline. We’re particularly excited to welcome Founder of the Silicon Valley Product Group and author of INSPIRED, Marty Cagan to #mtpcon Digital in November! Read more about all of our speakers.
- Single-Track Magic: One of the best things about #mtpcon Digital is that it still offers a single-track keynote experience. So, no matter who you end up chatting to in the networking sessions or chat rooms, you’ll have some of the same interesting things to talk about.
- Opportunities to Connect: Getting together with your industry peers shouldn’t just be inspiring and educational, it should be fun too. As with our in-person events, we’ve made sure there are plenty of chances to connect with your fellow product peers. We’ll ensure the conversations keep flowing and help you to build great connections with your product community.
- The Community: Mind the Product isn’t just an event, it’s a content platform and community with chapters in 200+ cities, all dedicated to the art of product. We want product people around the world to come and connect with us and each other, so that we can all become the best in our field and move our discipline forward.
Grab your ticket today!