Browser Settings and Cookies
We also use technology - such as Google Analytics - that uses Internet Protocol (IP) information exchanges during the course of normal web activity combined with data-enhancement technology to get detailed analytics information.
Advertising on the web
On unaffiliated sites, Mind the Product displays interest-based advertising using the information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalised or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as purchasing on our sites, use of devices, apps or software, visiting sites that contain Mind the Product content or ads, or using our payment services.
What Cookies do we use?
Cookies can be broadly split into 4 categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential for operation of the website and application. They don’t collect any personal information about you. They may include, for example, logging into secure areas of the website, use of a shopping basket or using e-billing services.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies allow us to monitor the behavioral activity of our users. We use these cookies to help us to improve the way our website and application works for you. Types of information they collect include, for example how many visitors to the website or which pages they had come from previously.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies allow us to personalize your experience and recognize when our users return to our website and application. They may provide services which include, for example, choice of layout.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies records a user’s visit to a website, the individual pages visited and links followed. These cookies may be set by a third party and may be used to target users for online advertising.
|__utm*||2||Google Analytics non-personally identifiable information used for website analytics. Read more|
|_ga||2||Google Analytics cookie, used to distinguish users. Read more|
|Mailchimp||2||Cookies on specific landing pages hosted by Mailchimp are used for website analytics to allow us to measure the efficacy of a campaign. Read more.|
|Mailchimp||3||Mailchimp cookies and pixels allow us to measure the efficacy of our communications, as well as present relevant follow-up advertising to users who express interest in specific parts of Mind the Product's content. Read more.|
|2||Hotjar cookies used to determine how a user has interacted with hotjar elements on the website, as well as participation in samples. Read more.|
|4||Facebook tracking cookies used to help identify what Facebook advertising might have brought you to the site, and help us present more relevant content to you on Facebook itself. Read more|
|vuid||3||Vimeo uses a range of cookies to control embedded payback and to track performance of their streamed videos. Read more.|
You may modify the settings in most browsers to notify you when you receive a new cookie and disable cookies altogether. Please note that removing all Mind the Product cookies will lessen the experience of using our services, and you may not be able to login. You can also selective opt out of specific cookies to control what advertising you receive:
- Google Adchoices
- Disqus opt-out
- Hotjar Analytics opt-out
- Facebook advertising controls
- Twitter advertising controls
To manually remove the cookies, search for mindtheproduct.com and www.mindtheproduct.com in your browser privacy settings. Highlight the cookies that are shown and press delete. This will remove the cookies from your machine until you visit Mind the Product again.