Our next installment of #mtpcon Digital is just around the corner (November 18-19) and if you’re already wondering how you’ll convince your boss to let you attend and expense your ticket, we’re here to lend a hand.
Now, more than ever before, the benefits bundled up in our conference ticket far outweigh the price and we’re going to tell you why. We’ll also be arming you with resources to help you bring your boss around to our way of thinking.
In this guide you will discover:
- The benefits of attending
- How you’ll be cutting traditional costs
- Why you’ll get 365 days of learning for the price of 2
- How you’ll extend your reach around the globe
- Resources to help you convince your boss (an email template, a web page link, and tips to shape the conversation)
The Benefits of Attending
You don’t need us to tell you that in the last year, things have changed. And with that, how we run and attend conferences has changed too. Of course, we love our in-person conferences and we’ll be quick to swing open our physical doors as soon as it’s safe to do so BUT we’ve discovered something pretty magical in our new digital format too.
By taking our conference online, not only do you save time and money, but you also get to enjoy an altogether different experience with:
- New and interesting ways to network
- Direct access to leading experts – they’re literally one click away!
- Practical and interactive learning opportunities (complete with cool collab tools)
- A front-row seat to exclusive keynote talks from top speakers
- Special offers from our trusted sponsors
In addition, we’ve worked hard to make the schedule as flexible as possible – something designed to suit you and your boss. If it’s impossible to break away from work for the entire event, no problem. You can dip in and out as you wish because every ticket includes a year of free Mind the Product Prioritised membership (more on that below). This means you can access all the keynotes and expert-led sessions on your membership dashboard after the event and still make that important meeting or deadline without missing a thing. Take it from Rachel👇.
Sad meetings have pulled me out of #mtpcon for a bit. But I can’t wait to watch the recordings!
— Rachel B (@BodnarRachel) July 13, 2020
How You’ll Be Cutting Traditional Costs
Today, we know training budgets are stretched more than ever (if they exist at all) but our hope is that a ticket to #mtpcon Digital offers a way to spread the cost while offering a huge amount of value.
This is because, unlike an in-person conference, #mtpcon Digital can be attended from wherever you are in the world. This means you can forget about travel expenses and completely eliminate the additional time spent on planes, trains and automobiles.
Here’s what your #mtpcon Digital costs look like:
- Conference ticket £449*
- Flights £0
- Airport Transfers £0
- Food and beverage expenses while travelling £0
- Accommodation £0
- Travel costs to and from the venue £0
- Total: £449
Get 365 Days of Learning for the Price of 2
In addition, the price tag includes 1 year of Mind the Product Prioritised membership (the full cost of which is $250). This means your learning experience continues long after the conference ends.
With a year of Prioritised membership you benefit from:
- Weekly, premium content: All our videos and up-to-date editorial including deep-dive reporting, data-led industry information, case studies from real companies and interviews with leading experts – all written by our dedicated in-house team and Product experts from around the world.
- Community: Peer-to-peer discussions in regular roundtables focused on the topics that really matter to you, and chances to share ideas with others within our premium content using collaboration tools.
- Self-Paced Online Training: Access to bespoke online training modules you can complete in your own time from anywhere in the world. This is a new offering from Mind the Product and enables our members to continue learning all year round. Our bespoke modules have been designed and created by our in-house team and worldwide trainer network after years of honing the curriculum at our in-person workshops.
- Exclusive product management events: Regular Q&A sessions where you can speak directly to the experts, panel discussions with leading product professionals, and discounts to future Mind the Product conferences.
🚀👩🚀 NEXT WEEK! Join our members-only AMA on Sept 30 with @cagan, founder of Silicon Valley Product Group & author of INSPIRED! Our AMAs are super interactive and you’ll get the chance to ask your question direct to Marty, on camera🎥. Don’t miss it! https://t.co/g1PMquJMPn pic.twitter.com/zEGdPkKvqK
— Mind the Product (@MindtheProduct) September 21, 2020
Extend Your Reach Around the Globe
Finally, the digital aspect of our conference means there are now no geographical limitations on who can attend. In fact, our Summer conference welcomed attendees from the US to Kenya, India to Spain and beyond. This not only means that people from across the globe can join, but also that the scope of insights for us all to learn from is increased dramatically. Speak to other attendees to gain new perspectives from every corner of the world.
It was incredible to be able to meet and learn from people all over the world. They provided a diverse group of keynote speakers who inspired. The breakout sessions were informative and interactive. While we could not be together, it still felt like a real community and I was able to network and connect with people I would have otherwise not had the opportunity to meet. Thank you Mind the Product! Lisa Williams, VP Product Management
To save you time and energy (you’ve got products to build!) we’ve created an email template for you to download and personalise, a web page to share, and some tips to help you shape the conversation with your boss:
Quick tips to shape the conversation
When you’re talking to your boss, be passionate, be detailed, and be relevant to whatever challenges your team is currently facing.
1. Make sure your case is relevant to the business
Are you hiring, looking to hone the product function, bring in fresh perspectives, or tackle a specific problem? Understand which of these issues are relevant for the business as a whole, and make a case for how attending #mtpcon Digital will help achieve those goals for the business.
2. Understand the specific needs of your team
Are you looking for training, or to connect with the folks who build the tools you use (or might use)? Maybe your manager is building out their team? Work out what will make their life easier, and show them how #mtpcon Digital and Mind the Product membership can help them achieve that.
3. Answer the “Why You?” question
If your boss is going to send anyone to the conference, why should it be you? Or should they send the whole team? And, if a group of employees would benefit from attending, you can cut the cost as we’ll knock 10% off when you buy 10 or more tickets.
4. Articulate what you’re bringing back to the team
This is an easy win, as people so often forget it – your manager will appreciate that you’ve thought this through. What can you bring back to the team? The skills, ideas, tools and insights you’ll pick up in the talks, sessions and conversations – best practices from industry leaders and product veterans. And, of course, your networking will lead to unique connections and opportunities, and an ongoing supply of fresh ideas and perspectives!