Collaborative Alignment – the ‘Auftragsklärung’ framework
In this talk from Product Tank London, I make a case for the crucial role of alignment in product management. In particular, I present the new framework – ‘Auftragsklärung’ – which includes a nicely designed canvas as a tool to structure and guide this intangible process.
Auftragsklärung – a framework for collaborative alignment
- Complication — What’s the problem or trigger for this initiative?
- Intent — What do you really, really want to achieve?
- Hypotheses — What must be true so that your output leads to the intended outcome?
- Output — What will you deliver in front of internal or external customers?
- Outcome — Which metric will you use to measure success?
- Sharpening your thinking
- The conversation(s) that will get everybody on the same page.
- … not filling out a canvas!
Also check out this related post on Medium by Arne Kittler, a friend and colleague of mine.