How often do people feel fear when they are using your product? I’m not talking the fear of a haunted house, but the fear of failure, the fear of screwing something up, the fear of making a mistake. Fear when using a product is always there, manifesting itself in different ways. On Twitter it could be [...]
Tag Archives | UX
Whether you call it consumer or B2C¹, enterprise or B2B², being a product manager on one side or the other has long been a defining characteristic. You either know how to build products for enterprises or for consumers and job ads make a big deal about focusing on one or the other. But is there [...]
One of the reasons the development of The Week’s iPad app worked really well was that the team really understood an effective design process, which stems from the way an organisation defines digital product design. Back in the 80s and 90s people often likened design to art, that the creatives vanished behind a curtain, did [...]
At the last ProductTank event, Jesmond Allen, UX director at cxpartners, spoke about what UX people want from PMs and they can best work together. Having had experience in both roles, she outlined the difference in job descriptions, pointing out that, in fact, the two roles were more alike than not. She identified this overlap [...]
OSX Lion brought a lot of multitouch gestures into applications. One of my favourites is the two finger swipe right/left to go back/forwards in Safari. When you scroll to the page limits, Apple shows off that elastic rebound they mastered so well on iOS. If the back/forward function is available on that page, your swipe [...]
Booking travel online has evolved massively over the last decade, but unless you know where you want to go and when, they’re next to useless. For the 30% of travelers that don’t know, figuring out the right destination means relying on a travel agent or wading through hundreds of searches to find one that matches [...]
Tyler Tate is a leading UX designer, known for the 1KB CSS Grid, Founder/Head of UX of TwigKit and Head of UX for Nutshell CRM. He recently spoke at ProductTank and shared his experiences of building a brand new CRM – Nutshell – from scratch.
We’ve already covered in the previous articles what usability is and why you need to test it and what you need to do to prepare for your usability tests. In this thrilling* conclusion to the trilogy, we get down to the nitty-gritty of how to run the tests and how to interpret and act on [...]
We’ve already covered in a previous article what usability is and why you need to test it. In this second instalment, I’ll be showing you what you need to do to prepare for your usability tests.
Quite a few people are put off usability testing because they think it’s complicated, time-consuming and expensive. What you may not realise is that you can run a set of usability tests in a single afternoon that will uncover eighty percent of the problems your product has. And the only specialist equipment you’ll need is [...]
- What, exactly, is a Product Manager? October 5, 2011
- Product Focused vs. Customer Focused Product Management: What’s the difference? September 13, 2011
- Data Driven: Your Bounce Rate and Time On Site are wrong August 10, 2011
- Beware The Dogma Of Agile And Lean May 2, 2012
- Tame Your Roadmap September 27, 2011
- Video: Product Management in Games at King June 13, 2013
- Ask A Product Manager: Effective Product Roadmaps June 11, 2013
- Video: Product Management in Games at Mediatonic June 6, 2013
- Video: Product Management in Games at Mind Candy May 31, 2013
- A Framework For Evaluating Market Opportunity May 22, 2013
Follow @mindtheproduct on Twitter
Sign up for MindTheProduct newsletter
- From Preparing for the Unobtrusive to Committing to the Guide | The Product Guy on Ask A Product Manager: Effective Product Roadmaps
- When Product Management goes Social – The Case of Windows 8 | Thriving in a Digital World on What, exactly, is a Product Manager?
- Roman Pichler on Ask A Product Manager: Effective Product Roadmaps
- Jeremy Justice on Ask A Product Manager: Effective Product Roadmaps
- Puja Parakh on What, exactly, is a Product Manager?